In order to define an individual's drug treatment plan, first you have to deal with the withdrawal and drug detoxification as the first steps Often the impacts of the drug on the brain extend continued use and skew otherwise good judgment, It's important to have a period of no drug use in getting that person to a stable state of mind.
While having detox, the patient can have the chance to free his mind and contemplate about potential plans of obtaining treatment. The main goal is to get addicts to diminish and then eliminate drug abuse after they acknowledge their dependency.
The detox period is termed as the window of opportunity for people in both medical and personal conflict or crisis to seek further help or treatment in accordance to TIP 45 on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, SAMHSA.
What Is Detox?
Detox is a series of interventions that are designed to manage acute intoxication and withdrawal symptoms, as defined by SAMHSA. Detoxification is distinct from drug abuse treatment as it's a prelude for drug abuse treatment. It can sometimes go on for a couple of days, however for some people detoxification can last for a couple of months. With the help of detoxification specialists at Futures of Palm Beach, you can successfully treat your withdrawal symptoms and get yourself into a treatment plan that is individually designed with you in mind. It is strongly suggested that you opt for a long-term treatment plan because detox can't help with the emotional, mental, cognitive and social problems related to addiction.
Drug Detox Stages
By the end of the detox process, the three steps involved should be able to set a patient on a path to either an outpatient or an inpatient recovery treatment plan.
- It is essential to correctly identify and evaluate a patient's dependency case so that a suitable treatment programme will prove to be successful.
- The assessment phase is also useful in diagnosing any co-occurring complications or underlying mental or physical issues that go with the substance abuse, which means that this phase is more than just simple identification of the addiction and its severity.
- Becoming Stable
- Stabilization is a method in which a person starts withdrawal from drugs.
- Achieving sobriety is the main goal for this phase.
- During this stage meds can be prescribed to assist with the addiction process, specifically when the patient used heavily in the past.
- To speak, and thoughts stabilize, a real recognition and acknowledgment of addiction can start once the person has achieved a state of balance.
- This paves the way towards complete recovery including the patient's role in this endeavour.
- Encouraging Admission for Drug Treatment
- A report explains that the major number of individuals undergoing detox do not look for further treatment for substance abuse addiction.
- There are different reasons for this phenomenon but the bottom line is that those who seek further treatment, whether in or outpatient have higher chances of recovery and lower chances of relapse.
- Great importance is placed on sticking to sobriety and addiction education.
- As soon as this stage is completed, the patient can proceed with the centre's drug treatment programme which can be done either via inpatient or outpatient method.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
It's not too late to look for treatment for an addiction. Contact Future's of Palm Beach immediately when addiction is ruling the life of somebody you know or your own life.
We have expert personnel committed to your well-being and a specialized dependency rehab centre. You can chat with a trained clinician who can establish the possibilities that are at hand to you and how you can progress with becoming sober.