NHS Or Private Facility?
For many individuals, private residential rehab is the preferred treatment solution. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. You can also get admission in NHS to a private rehab centres.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. To qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehabilitation centre you'll possible have to provide evidence that you have tried to get in local community-based treatment options first. Getting into rehabilitation like this may be little longer, depending of whether your local addiction team is willing to pay for your treatment.
You can find your local liquor and drug treatment centre through your GP.
Pros And Cons
- Treatment Plan are Flexible
- Spend of admission - within 24 hours sometimes.
- One-location rehab continuity of daily procedures and care;
- In most cases, the same doctor/employee will take care of patients during the rehab;
- Treatment will take place in an environment which is away from worries and temptations, so the patients can focus solely on recovery;
- Strong bonds are formed with therapists and other patients in the therapeutic community;
- Family can visit at certain times, there are possibilities to make phone calls or receive letters, we can sometimes provide visiting accommodation;
- Art, gym health and fitness exercise activities are included in the treatment program;
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than treatment on the NHS;
- Not always protected by health insurance.
- Free of cost;
- Everyone is eligible;
- It's local and therefore closer to your family and home;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Has no referral guarantee to residential rehab;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- Recovery is influenced by easy exposure to drugs and alcohol accessibility during treatment;
- Limited access to personal therapists during treatment program;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- Building an outpatient support network may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Alternative Of NHS Cross Border Treatment
It takes months to organise the admission to private rehab centre via the NHS or local addiction centre in UK even the result is uncertain. However, with the EU cross border healthcare regulation, it is possible to get funding in a lot faster.
For UK based patients all information about that option can be found on the Alcohol Rehab Herefordshire site.