Seeking Help With Dependency Therapy
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. People who had recovered or are currently battling addiction knows how difficult this predicament is. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Please get in touch with us through our phone line 0800 246 1509 to get a deserving advisory opinion regarding your addiction problem.
If they come into the picture, overcoming the problem become easier as they are an integral part of the process that will help the addict break the habit.
Counsellor's guidance is essential to the success of addiction treatment to ensure the patient is on the right path. You can enjoy full benefits from arrange of drug addiction treatment interventions that allow you to stay focused on recovery program with support and physicians prescribed medication.
What Does An Addiction Therapist Do
Counsellors collaborate with the patients in order to educate, support and hold the latter accountable for his past and future actions.
The therapist role is very essential in treating admitted and nonadmitted patients whether as a set or one-on-one form.
In addition, addiction counsellors will administrate group therapy sessions that frequently include family members or other people in addiction treatment.
Discourse like the dangers of addiction, causes and effects are likely to be treated during the group meeting. Identification of the patient's disorder towards addiction opens a window into post-treatment program.
An addiction counsellor's function is to
- Treatment programs providing unbiased emotional.
- Managed one-on-one therapy sessions to get to the base of the addiction.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Prepare a personalized treatment approach to suit the patient's circumstances.
- Based on the care available to you a aftercare program will be created.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
Any adviser creates a proper therapy plan for every patient as he is skilled in this area. A good listener and professional in dealing with the patient.
The initial counselling sessions are designed to lay the foundation for mutual trust, which is imperative for a successful outcome.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. This helps the counsellor to identify underlying issues which may be responsible for the addictive behaviour. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
If there are psychological issues, he should be able to identify it and find a solution to it. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
The Available Types Of Therapy
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Some of these healing programs are
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- This type of biofeedback therapy is commonly employed in addiction recovery where brain activities are monitored and patients are taught how to regulate them.
- Patients are guided through this technology to control their thinking so as to overtake the mental pressure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This allows the patient to be aware of his or her thoughts and actions that lead to certain behaviours.
- A therapist can assist an abuser to discover stimulants that inspires addiction and also devise ways of treating it, this can be achieved using CBT.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- Health problems like eating disorders and Borderline Personality Disorder can be eliminated using DBT, it also enhances interactions and personal outlook.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Understanding what causes addiction, coping with stressful situations, and the use of some methods to calm the body are what these healing programs are all about.
- The central concept of this kind of treatment is to get an individual into a calm condition to better comprehend what could be the reason for this drug-seeking and using attitudes.
- Holistic Therapies
- Additionally to the traditional therapy ways, holistic therapy support patients use introspection and understand coping skills.
- Holistic approach to addiction therapy program encourages patients to share intimate fears and concerns in a friendly and warm communication environment during counselling with peers and counsellor.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
Cornerstone addiction therapy involves a range of treatments methods to identify suitable alternative approach to achieve the overall goal of giving the patient a sense of direction to lasting recovery practices.
Why Do I Need Counselling For Dependency
Building an assumption that you don't require any advice regarding your abuse problem, can be life threatening.
There is the tendency to suffer a relapse if you don't identify the force behind the addiction, although just a handful of people consider it worthwhile to take the steps to unravel the force behind engaging in a destructive habit.