Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy of drug addiction includes nonmedicinal techniques aimed at complementing traditional medical approaches. The objective of holistic recovery is to bring the mind, body and the spirit into an alignment.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
The overall well-being of the individual is considered by holistic therapy primarily while also providing proper attention to the physical symptoms of addiction and withdrawal.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Religious approach
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. Holistic therapy treatment plans are individualized and easy to follow.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Getting to the root cause of the person's dependency on drugs
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Increasing self-confidence
- Reducing the appeal of drugs and/or alcohol abuse
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
The main practices involve
- Nutritional Therapy
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- There are different exercises one can take depending on which ones fit them.
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- Many holistic rehab programs feature guided meditation.
- As well, most centres provide tai-chi and yoga to practice meditation, which if effective to develop concentration and gain a clear mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Detoxification program with medical supervision
- Comprehensive medical care
- Individualized psychological counselling
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
A number of drug rehab centres offer holistic therapy as part of their inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. Holistic therapy is not a medical treatment and seeks to help the patient balance all areas of life; this works well with other treatment plans for addictions. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. Relapse can sometimes be easily avoided if a person knows how to deal with emotional problems.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
If you are interested in using this technique, we can help you locate a rehab facility near you today and all you have to do is give us a call 0800 246 1509.