Knowledge Of Motivational Enhancement Therapy
Four targeted therapy sessions are all that is required for people to overcome their addictions with the help of motivational enhancement therapy [MET]. The therapy sessions focus on internal change through motivation.
MET is an approach to counselling and intervention which is done with the purpose of making the patient want to change. 12 step treatment and other counselling techniques are normally combined with MET. MET comprises of four targeted treatment sessions, which are developed after an initial assessment. Every session is personalised for the requirements of the particular individual. Before treatment goals are set, the information that is acquired during the assessment is analysed in the initial sessions. Encouragement to stay clean and a different perspective on this are provided in the sessions that come afterwards.
The addicts are taught the most effective way to modify their conducts and thoughts by the MET.
Treating Dependency With Motivational Enhancement Therapy
When somebody registers with a medication recovery focus, they are assessed to decide their treatment needs. During the quitting process, there is specialist who checks on the body of the patient to ensure that everything is going ok.
Afterwards, the recovering drug users meet with MET therapists who help them to shift their thoughts and habits away from those that lead to drug use.
The mental issues that lead to the consumption of drugs are also treated by MET therapists. Because drug use can result in the brain chemistry being altered, it is very common to find other mental health problems in people with addictions. MET is useful in three ways i.e. treating addiction, treating co-occurring mental problems and preventing relapses in the future.
Some of the mental health problems that can be treated using MET are
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Bipolar affective illness
- Eating disorders
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Other Cures And Met Treatment
MET is rarely applied on its own and is usually a part of an addiction treatment program that normally includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, 12-step programs and other behavioural therapies. For helping patients on the conducts change, a therapist uses professionals methods to have a good result. Support groups help addicts to achieve sobriety and stay clean while CBT mostly teaches patients how to deal with stress.
Met Therapy Methods
There are five basic components of MET that patients and specialists will work through.
These are tactics which were proven to promote sense of motivational changes in individuals encountering substance abuse.
- Empathy Development And Expression
- Through empathy, the addict will discover how their conducts have impacted in other people's life, that is why is so important.
- This can be used as a factor for motivational change.
- The patient and therapist also benefit from empathy because it helps them to develop a trusting relationship between themselves.
- Recognizing the uniqueness amongst contemplations and reality
- Patients regularly have some imperviousness to treatment, and must grapple with the way that there is a difference between where they think they are and where they really are.
- Understanding this space could be staggering and could aid in prompting emotions of self-drive to adjust.
- Avoiding Confrontation
- Therapist's generally make an effort not to argue with their patients about the severity of their drug or alcohol abuse.
- On MET the addicts are supported to show a positive answer.
- Part of the treatment process is accepting resistance.
- MET aids dependent individuals deal with their reluctance to treatment for dependency.
- Therapists help the patients to come to terms with the real effect of their addiction on their personal lives and that of others by trying to relate to them at a personal level.
- Supporting A Recovering Addict's Self-Efficacy
- Recuperating addicts must have confidence in their capacity to accomplish their objectives.
- MET shows patients they have the ability to defeat dependence and to endeavour towards their life objectives.
- Positive thoughts and behaviours are encouraged by the therapists within the patients to reinforce the concept of self-efficacy.
Get Support For A Drug Or Alcohol Dependency
We can assist if you know anyone who is struggling with an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Numerous inpatient and outpatient tranquilize recoveries comprehend the requirement for emotional wellness advising amid habit treatment. Finding the inspiration to get - and stay - calm can be a basic piece to long-term recuperation, contact 0800 246 1509 for assistance.