Length And Difficulty Of NHS
Even if free rehab isn't offered, some government-funded organizations are sometimes given as an option to individuals who need intensive assistance and those who manifest enough determination and drive to be well. That is because it is extremely difficult to get into these facilities since the funding is pretty limited.
For you to get into this option you are expected to go through a community treatment program before proceeding into rehab. It is ensured that you're sufficiently stable in your alcohol/drug use before being referred to rehab and to test your willingness and motivation to succeed.
Recognizing that acceptance is not immediate and there is a long and complicated process to deal with is very important. As will be demonstrated here, you are required to go through a number of interviews and a lot of patience is needed.
Port of Call will gladly help you find rehab facilities near you, but we are unable to speed up this process.
Accessing NHS Rehab Services
- This stern process demands a lot of dedication and resolve on your part and you will have to strictly adhere to it.
- Depending on the area you live you may find a difference between process, but they are usually along these lines
- The first thing is to schedule a meeting with your local alcohol or drug service
- You will be given a key worker that will determine whether you require detox and will proceed with the primary evaluation of your fitness for rehab
- You will as well be evaluated by the regional authority community services care manager or a regional drugs service; this serves as a community care evaluation to determine if you meet the regional authority's acceptability standards for residential programme
- The rehab will also do their own evaluation and an interview before you can commence treatment
- The regional authority as well as drug service will then try to obtain financial support for your rehab centre
- Where detox is necessary first, the key worker advices on good options and timelines which will be aligned to the date you are to begin your rehab
- When the financing arrangements and commencement dates as well as detox is done where necessary, you can the proceed to rehab.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Free Outpatient Services From NHS
The National Health Service provides a few outpatient services for those battling a substance/alcohol misuse problem.