A Typical Day In Alcohol Or Substance Treatment
Looking for treatment for an addiction is the first step towards leading a healthy and happy life. Find out how to plan for a typical day in rehab.
What a typical day at a rehabilitation will be may be your concern when contemplating seeking medical assistance there.
Inpatient and residential treatment centres have similar organization and therapies as they are very structured. This creates the best condition that will aid their decision to quit drugs, thus reducing the anxiety and hopelessness that the patients might have entertained. Day to day activities are different depending on the provided services and settings.
Although there are a few types of substance abuse treatment methods out there, most follow a typical framework of therapies.
The activities in the rehab centres may follow this pattern
Healthy Breakfasts And Early Gatherings In The Morning
You must be ready to wake up as early as possible for your breakfast because the organizers exclude too much sleep from the treatment plan.
To help patient start the day on a good note, some rehabs include serious thinking and yoga in their recovery plans.
Treatment and recovery focuses in part on learning new, better habits that will become part of a regular routine once inpatient treatment is completed.
After breakfast, there is usually a group meeting when a counsellor will focus on topics related to addiction, the treatment process, the 12 step program, and recovery. An integral part of your focus is on the triggers that lead or led to your addiction whether it is issues, people or the environment that you find yourself in.
Held in a security of supervised therapeutic surroundings, these daily sessions will aid you to see the patterns in your actions which you can modify or particular triggers to stay away from after the rehab.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Afternoons Consisting Of Daily Treatment
The most intensive treatment is concentrated in the middle of the day. You can start the recovery activities when you are through with your lunch.
These normally are
- Helping the patients to change their habits as a way of helping them overcome their addiction.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is one of the most popular methods in treatment centres as it is very effective
- Your reaction to activities that cause the addiction is what CBT focuses on.
- The counsellor will, after triggers are recognized, to healthier and modified reactions to them.
- The person-to-person treatment classes give a very secure surrounding for you to feel free to speak and discuss your worries and panics, enabling the healer to offer tips and optional character reactions to these origins of great anxiety.
- Group Therapy
- Since all patients that participate in group therapy know all about the problems with addiction it offers them a specific fellowship.
- In order for the patients to benefit fully from the program, they must be ready to exchange experiences.
- The participants usually grow a sense of comradeship during the weeks in therapy and as honesty develops, they turn to being more open in their sessions and grow a true tenderness and comprehension of one another's fights.
- Private Sessions
- A good number of therapy bases offer particularized treatment sittings.
- These often try to provide you with coping methods for your specific issues through grief therapy, stress therapy or anger management in order to help you enhance your capability to avoid using alcohol or drugs and to deal with these issues in a controlled fashion.
- Family Therapy
- This is included in most programs because the support of family members is integral in the healing process for addicts.
- Dependence impacts the whole family, normally resulting in devastating co-dependency, allowing traits or great anger and bitterness.
- At the time of the family treatment sessions, most of the matters are handled and emotions are taken care of.
- Family inclusion has a great impact in future encouragement for the addicts when they leave rehab since it is integral to the drug or alcohol abuse rehab program and its long-term prosperity.
Optimism may be raised for the participants if former addicts are invited to encourage them through their personal experience. Motivational talks or encouragement on how to make a living out of their professions may be the focus of the motivational speakers.
A wide range of healing techniques are offered by some rehabs.
Some of these include
- Music or art therapy
- The use of movement as a healing tool.
- Exercise plans
- Equine therapy
Rehabilitation And Spare Time
There are normally a few hours of free time present during the afternoon to be utilized as the resident chooses to.
Some activities to choose from might be soccer, volleyball, basketball, pool, or ping pong; some centres may even have a swimming pool.
Other people prefer prayer or meditation while others prefer to read or journal during this free time.
The Twelve Step Programme In Evening Meetings
After dinner, there may be a second squad sitting. Highly recommended 12 Step programs are available in the evenings. These meeting are important for long term recovery and provide a therapeutic, anonymous environment to foster fellowship.
Since healthy routines are developed, going to sleep is recommended to be at early hours while in the inpatient treatment. By having enough sleep, most clients are able to maintain concentration levels at an optimum as well as have energy for the task ahead of each day so they can participate fully.
Get Into Treatment Today
Having the knowledge of what to expect for a normal day at rehabilitation, it is the right time to look for a conducive and convenient centre for your treatment. Get in touch with someone who specializes in this kind of treatment on 0800 246 1509 and let us help you find the most appropriate treatment centre for you.